You can restrict signing and viewing of RSign documents with an access code. To perform this action you have two options:
- End-to-End: The End-to-End option requires an access code to view and sign a document within a signers web browser, as well as, to view the final signed document.
- Required to Open Signed: The Required to Open Signed option requires an access code to be able to view the final signed document.
Setting Access Authentication On Demand
- In the SEND tab under OPTIONS, there is a drop down menu that lets the sender select the type of Access Authentication to be set on the envelope.
- On the Send tab, the password is shown as ***** for added security.
- There are no minimum requirements for the access authentication password.
- After selecting the access authentication type from the dropdown menu, if the password textbox is left blank, an automatically created 8-character alpha-numeric password will be assigned automatically and emailed to you and all recipients of this envelope. If you choose to this option an email with the access code will always be sent to all recipients whether or not the checkbox is checked.
- If Email Access Code is checked, your custom access code will be sent to the signer(s) by email prior to the signature request email.
- If, Email Access Code is not checked, you will have to communicate the entered custom access code to the recipients through your own means. For example, you can send the access code to people who need to open the document as a text or communicate it verbally. The way you provide this information will be the only way the signer will be able to receive it.
In the SETTINGS tab, under GENERAL SETTINGS, you will have an the option to enable or disable Access Authentication as well as set an authentication method as a default.
The Email Access Code dropdown will be greyed-out until an Access Authentication method is selected.
- Options: This column lists the available settings.
- Enable?: This column controls if the setting will be available in the Send tab.
- Checked: Will make Access Authentication available in the SEND tab.
- Unchecked: Will disable Access Authentication in the SEND tab.
- Default Value: This column lists the default values for all available settings. These default values will be displayed when the SEND tab is selected to prepare a new document for signature.
End-to-End Signer’s Perspective
An Access Code, is required to view and sign the document and to view the final signed document. If the checkbox, Email Access Code, is checked or the access code is left blank, the recipient will receive an email containing a password, that is required to open the document for signature. The password will be highlighted on the email in yellow. If the Email Access Code is not checked, your custom password must be disseminated to the recipient by another means for example, verbally, text message, prearranged agreement, etc. Once the document is signed and the recipient will also need the password to view the final document.
- Signer receives an email with the access code to open an RSign document.
- Signer receives the email to view and sign the contract. Signer clicks “View and Sign Document.”
- Signer is prompted to enter the Access Code.
- The signer enters the Access Code in the password field and clicks the green check box.
- The signer is then sent to the document to fill out and sign. The signer then clicks the green submit button.
- Once the document is submitted the signer will be guided to a page informing him or her that signing has been completed.
- Once the document is fully signed and completed the signer will then receive another email informing him or her that the document is now complete. The email will also provide the access code again for the signer to open the document.
- The signer will receive another email with instructions on how to access the signed document.
- The signer then accesses the PDF and will be prompted to enter the access code.
- The signer types in the access code which opens the document.
Required to Open Signed
An Access Code, or password, is required to view the final signed contract. If the checkbox, Email Access Code, is selected or the access code is left blank, in which a randomly generated password to be created, the recipient will receive an email containing the password, highlighted in yellow, to view the signed document. If Email Access Code is not checked and a custom password is entered, that password must be disseminated to the recipient by you through any means you choose (telephone, text, prearranged, etc).
- Signer receives an email from RSign to view and sign a document.
- Signer proceeds to click the View & Sign Document and then signs and submits the document as normal.
- Once the document has been signed, an email will be sent with an access code to open the signed document. The email access code will not be emailed if the following conditions are met:
- The signer will also receive an email with instructions on how to access the password protected signed document.
- The signer follows the instructions to open the PDF and enters the access code.
- The signer is now able to open and view the PDF.