Templates that can be Accessed via Static Link.
A Template is an RSign document which is prepared once and is reusable. When a template is opened, previously saved form field controls will appear in the location they were originally set. A static link is a URL which allows any person that receives this URL the ability to fill out and complete the RSign Document associated with that static link.
Template settings apply to:
- The underlying document.
- The applied form fields.
- Pre-set options and settings and workflows.
- Pre-set signing roles (examples: landlord/tenant, agent/insured, customer).
- Pre-set email subject and body.
Templates with Create Static Link for Template may be sent to signers in one of three ways:
- Sent via email, as if sending a non-template RSign document.
- Provided to a signer through a Static Link. RSign will generate a link which you can provide to signer using any method you choose. Any person accessing the link in a web browser will be taken to the signing page where he or she can fill out the RSign document.
- Some examples of how the link can be shared, is cut and pasting it into an email, text message, posting the link onto a webpage as a button, or generated using a QR code.
To assign a static link to a template, you must enable the setting Create Static Link for Template in the SETTINGS tab. This feature can be enabled or disabled in the SETTINGS tab, under GENERAL SETTINGS.
- Options: Lists the settings currently available.
- Enable?: Determines if the listed setting will be available in the Send tab.
- Checked: This setting will be visible in the OPTIONS section in the SEND tab.
- Unchecked (default): This setting will not be visible in the OPTIONS section in the SEND tab.
- Default Value: Lists the default values for all available settings. The default values will be displayed when the SEND tab is selected. If the check box under the Enable? column is unchecked, Create a Static Link for Template will not be displayed.
- N: If N is selected a Static link will by default, not be created for the template.
- Y: If Y is selected a static link will be accessible, once the template is created, provided all the conditions to create one are met.
Create a Template:
- To create a template, press the TEMPLATES tab and click Create Template.
- Choose your preferences using the options below (sample below).
- Name: Name the template.
- Description: Assign a description to the template.
- Allow Template Editing: This setting determines if you will be able to make changes to an individual template when creating an envelope.
- N (default): When a user accesses the template from the Send tab he or she will not be able to edit or change it.
- Y: When template is accessed in the Send tab, it can be customized or changed for each envelope.
- Create Static Link for Template: This feature must be set to Y for the Static Link feature to be enabled.
- Create Roles: A Role is the type of signer that will complete the template.
- Click + Role.
- Add the role of the signer. Example: Company Manager.
- When using a static link:
- Only one signer is permitted.
- The Type in the dropdown menu must be set to Signer.
- When using a static link:
- Attach Files.
- Click + Document.
- Attach the document(s) to be set as the template. Multiple documents may be added by clicking +Document again.
- Click Next.
- Prepare the document by dragging and dropping the form field controls onto the desired location.
- Add the Email form field control (required).
- To use the static link feature an Email control field must be placed somewhere in the document so a confirmation email can be sent to the signer to complete the signing process.
- Send confirmation email to complete process:
- Unchecked (default): The signer will not be required to click a confirmation link sent by email to complete the signing process.
- Checked: The signer is required to click on a confirmation link sent by email to complete the signing process.
- Hover the mouse over Save As and click Template.
- You will be brought to the TEMPLATES Tab.
- Click the icon to view the template details.
- Template table details:
- Code: Unique code assigned to this template.
- Name: Template name.
- Description: Template description.
- Type: Template type (Template or Rule).
- Created Date: Date and time the template was created.
- Link: Click to generate the static link for this template.
- Edit: Click to edit the template (available if permitted during template creation).
- Delete: Click to permanently delete this template.
- Share (not shown): If the you are using RSign within a company, you have the option to share this template with RSign users within the company.
Send a Template by Static Link
A Template created with the Static Link feature enabled can be sent to a user by almost any link or text based method, for example, by email, text message or as a button on a webpage.
- To access the static link to a template, click the templates tab.
- Find the template with the static link you would like to disseminate.
- Click the link icon in the TEMPLATES tab.
- On the link pop-up window, there are three options relating to the static link.
- Copy: Click the copy button to copy the link to the clipboard.
- Disable: Click to disable the link. If the static link is already disseminated, users who click the link will be directed to a page informing them the RSign document is no longer accessible. To re-enable the link you must click edit on the template and turn “Create Static Link For Template” back to “Y” in Step 1: Envelope and then re-save the template.
- Refresh: Click to change the link for this template.
- Click Copy to copy the link to your clipboard.
- Press ctrl/command+v to paste the link into any text field.
Completing and or Signing an RSign Document Accessed by a Static Link.
- The potential signer finds or is given the link to the RSign document.
- The signer clicks the link to the RSign Document.
- When the link is clicked the RSign document will open in a new tab in the user’s web browser. The person who clicked the link will now be able to fill out the document.
- The form field checkboxes will turn green as they are completed.
- Checkboxes with an * inside are required fields.
- The Email form field will always be required.
- When the document is completed, the signer must click Submit to move forward.
- If Send confirmation email to complete process is checked, the signer will be required to click on a confirmation link sent by email to complete the signing process.
- Once submit is clicked the signer will be sent to a page with instructions on how to complete the submission process.
- The signer will receive an email with instructions on how to confirm his or her identity.
- After the signer confirms his or her identity, the signer will have completed the process and will be directed to a webpage that is either determined by the organization that created the template or an RSign page that will confirm the process is complete.
- After the confirmation link is clicked, the template owner and signer will be emailed the signed agreement attached as a PDF.
- If the same user tries to click the link again within 5-minutes, he or she will be sent to a countdown timer. The user will not be able to complete this document again until the timer reaches zero.