Delegate a Signing Request to Another Person
If you receive a signing request that would be better suited for someone else you can Delegate the envelope to him or her. This will then make the new person the signer of the document that was provided to you.
- When you click on the View & Sign Document button provided in the signature request email, you will be brought to a new tab in your web browser to begin the signing process. If you wish to delegate the signing to another person, click Change Signer.
- A pop-up will appear where you can input the delegated signer’s name and email address.
- After the green check box is clicked, you will be brought to a web page confirming the change of signer.
- An email will be sent to the sender letting him or her know the document was delegated to another signer.
- The new signer will receive an invitation email to sign the document.
- After the document is signed and completed, you, the new signer, and the sender will receive a copy of the final document.
- You will be able to find the audit trail in the signature certificate of the signed document.
The envelope located in the Manage tab will contain the audit trail of the signed document which can be viewed by the sender.