Senders may choose to limit the timeframe for which a document may be signed. The expiration length, in days, may be set in two locations.
In the SEND tab under the OPTIONS section, there is a drop down letting the sender change the length of time the envelope will be available to be signed by the recipient.
- Options: This column lists the available settings
- Enable?:This column controls if the setting will be available on the Send tab or not
- Checked: This setting will be visible in the OPTIONS section on the SEND tab
- Unchecked: This setting will not be visible in the OPTIONS section on the SEND tab
- Default Value: This column lists the default values for all available settings. These default values will be displayed when the SEND tab is selected to prepare a new document for signature. If the check box under the Enable? column is unchecked, the RSign service will send emails with this Expires in
End User Experience
When a user clicks the View & Sign Document button in the email received and the document is past the expiration date, they are brought to a new tab on their default web browser with the following text: