Receiving Envelope Data (XML File) When Signing is Complete
Attaching an XML Data File when Singing is Complete
In some business workflow scenarios, the information entered during the signing process may need to be logged in a database or document management system. In these cases, the information entered by signers can be sent to the sender in an XML file which will be attached to the final signed contract email. The setting Attach document data (XML) to email with signed contract (sender only) is designed for this workflow.
When Attach document data (XML) to email with signed contract (sender only) is enabled and after the document has been signed by all parties, the sender will receive an additional attachment titled Envelope.xml. This file has the complete information of each and every control added to the completed document. The information in the XML file includes:
- ID of signer.
- Name of signer.
- Label of text form field.
- If the control was marked as required?
- Dimensions of the document, height and width.
- X-Y coordinates on the document.
- Signer’s Name, as in, who that specific control was assigned.
- Signer’s Email address.
In the SETTINGS tab, under GENERAL SETTINGS, you have the option to enable or disable and set a default value.
- Options: Lists the setting:
- Enable?: Controls if the setting will be available on the Send tab or not.
- Checked:will be visible in the OPTIONS section on the SEND tab.
- Unchecked: will not be visible in the OPTIONS section on the SEND tab.
- Default Value: This column lists the default value for .
- N: (default): An XML data file will not be attached to the final signed contract email.
- Y: an XML data file will be attached to the final signed contract email.
If you, the sender, have the Attach document data (XML) to email with signed contract (sender only) set to “Y” while sending an envelope, the final completed document email will have a second XML attachment included called Envelope.xml.