Prefill an Envelope
In this section you will learn how to add your signature and prefill content to a document or template prior to sending it to other recipients.
1. Click the SEND tab
You will be brought to the Step 1/2: Envelope page which will contain the following sections:
2. Configure the Envelope Options
The options available for the envelope are populated with preset default values. You can adjust them under the OPTIONS panel.
3. Attach Files
- Document Locations:
- + Document: This option allows you to upload documents from a storage drive.
- + Template: This option will open a list of prepared and saved document templates.
- Select + Document, make a selection in Drives, next,using the file manager, locate the document and attach.
- Files must have one of the following file extensions:
- PDF: .pdf
- MS Office: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx
- Image: .bmp, .gif, .ico, .jpg, .jpeg, .png
- Other: .tif, .tiff, .htm, .html, .txt
- To add multiple documents repeat step 2.
- Uploaded documents will appear in the ATTACH FILES panel and will display the file name and document size.
4. Add Recipients
- Select Prefill under Type This will automatically populate your name and email.
- In the ADD RECIPIENTS panel, add the name and email address for each recipient.
- + RECIPIENTS: This button adds another recipient row.
- ORDER: This is the order in which the document is sent to the signers. This setting is only applicable when a document has two or more signers.
- SIGN IN SEQUENCE: This box may be checked to send the document to multiple signers in sequence. The sequence will be based on the order the recipients are placed in this section.
- X: Click this icon to delete a user.
5. Add Message
Type the subject and email body.
6. Click the Next button
7. Prepare the Document
Here in section Step 2/3: Prepare, prepare the document by dragging and dropping form field controls to the desired locations on the document.
8. Click the Next Button
9. Complete Pre-fills Fields
Complete the self-assigned form field controls.
10. Press Submit
The document is then sent to the additional recipients for signature. The pre-fill form field controls you have completed are visible to all other signers.